10 October 2019
Mathematician of the Month
9 October 2019
8 October 2019
Childwall Sports and Science Academy is committed to providing quality Careers Information and Guidance. (CIAG)
All students within Childwall Sports and Science Academy are provided with Careers Information Advice and Guidance (CIAG) from year 7 to year 13.
CIAG at Childwall Sports and Science Academy uses the Gatsby Benchmarks; as this ensures the school is providing a stable careers programme allowing all students to learn about future study options and labour market opportunities. In addition, all students have access to one-to-one careers guidance interview throughout their time in sixth form and get the opportunity to meet employers from local, national and international organisations through an internal careers fair held on site. Students also visit the UCAS conference, take part in employer carousel events, NCS and have access to advice from Apprenticeship agencies (Alder Training/Career Connect etc.) throughout the programme.
Sixth form students are actively encouraged to attend taster days, open days and workshops being held at universities around the country during their time in sixth form.
Our year 12 programme begins with students having a one hour CIAG session once every two weeks involving taught sessions relating to people and money skills. Students visit Liverpool John Moore’s University in the city centre and attend lectures involving study skills, university life and a tour of the halls of residence and the local area.
To ensure our commitment to guided choices for all of our students, in June of each year our year 12 students take part in “Which Way Now” week. This includes a visit to Edge Hill University enabling students to get a real life feel for a campus university. A parents evening is then held during the week to keep parents informed of the guided choices that the school provides.
Students embark on a week work placement in a chosen career pathway of their choice in July.
Towards the end of the academic year sees students begin to prepare for their UCAS application or apprenticeship/job opportunities. This continues into year 13 with an hour session each week dedicated to students to complete their UCAS application should they intend to apply for university. Full support is given to all students by senior members of staff around the completion of their UCAS application. Students not wishing to go to university will focus on applying for jobs, CV building, interview techniques, job/apprenticeship searches and general life skills.
If you have any questions or queries relating to our CIAG programme of study, please call or email Mrs Clare Payne, CIAG Co-ordinator at email@example.com or 0151 737 4958 who is happy to answer any questions.
We also provide a number of other ways for students to obtain information, advice and guidance;
- Miss K Parry based in the attendance office, is the school’s Careers, Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) co-ordinator and she can help/advise with most queries.
- Career Connect resources - The Connected Portal has a range of careers resources including Job profiles, Leaflets on Higher Education and a CV builder on www.connexionslive.com. Contact Tony Murphy for a Connected Portal Access Code.
- Career Connect Board - The Career Connect Board in the library advertises upcoming open events, career fairs and vacancies.
- National Careers Service - The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. www.nationalcareersservice.directgov.uk
- Careers Library – There is a designated area in the library with lots of up-to-date information and guidance on courses, universities, jobs, careers, etc.
- Widening Participation – Pastoral leaders organise a range of events and experiences, for example; access to Universities, finance training, Open days and Residential visits to a range of Universities, opportunities to experience subjects that are not normally followed in school.
Mrs C Payne
Tel: 0151 737 4958
USEFUL WEBSITE LINKS
|Help with Exams||Local Universities||Employment Links|
|BBC Bitesize Revision||University of Liverpool||Jobs|
|My Maths||Liverpool John Moores University||Gis a Job|
|Revision Website||Edge Hill College||Pathfinder|
|Manchester Metropolitan University||Fish 4 Jobs|
|University of Salford Manchester||Work Circle|
|University of Central Lancashire||
|Careers Gateway||Liverpool Chamber of Commerce||Every Generation|
|Lets Kick It Out||Liberty Human Rights|